° Northern Lakes
° Cinque Terre
Day 1: Arrive in Venice
- explore the city strolling around the scenic alleys
- visit the famous Piazza San Marco, its Basilica and enjoy the view from San Marco Campanile
- Walk the Grand Canal (with an optional gondola ride)
- Acqua Alta Library Bookshop: one of the oldest bookshops in Venice, which claims to be one of the most beautiful bookstores in the world. Filled with old Italian novels, maps, posters and other knick knacks and even a flight of stairs made out of old books
Restaurants in Venice: La tecia vegana (Vegan), Fiumefreddo bio (vegetarian), Frary’s (middle-eastern food with many vegan-friendly options).
Day 2: Venice
- Half day tour to the islands Burano, Murano and Torcello
- explore the Rialto Bridge area, where there are many shops, restaurants and gelato shops.
- head to Verona
Day 3: Verona
- arena di Verona
- Juliet’s House (Romeo and Juliet)
- Castelvecchio Castle and bridge
Restaurants in Verona: Ristorante Vegano Biologico La Lanterna (vegan), Ristorante Flora (vegan), Dulcamara Vegan Bakery & Bistrot (vegan)
Day 4: Garda Lake
- head to Lake Garda
- visit Castello Scaligero, Vittoriale degli Italiani and Grotte di Catullo (ruins of a roman villa)
- stroll around the towns on the Lake: Sirmione, Peschiera del Garda, Bardolino, Lazise
Overnight: Garda Lake
Day 5: Castle on Garda Lake and Tenno Lake
- Castello Scaligero di Malcesine
- Tenno Lake
- head to Genova (around 3 hours away)
Restaurants at Lake Garda: Feliz Cafè di Giusy e Naila (vegan), Veganima (vegan), Parad'ICE Gelateria Artigianale (vegan gelato options)
Day 6: Cinque Terre
Cinque Terre is a string of centuries-old seaside villages on the rugged Italian Riviera coastline. In each of the 5 towns, colorful houses and vineyards cling to steep terraces, harbors are filled with fishing boats and trattorias turn out their specialties along with the Liguria region’s famous sauce, pesto. The Sentiero Azzurro cliffside hiking trail links the villages and offers sweeping sea vistas.
- day tour to Manarola, Vernazza, Monterosso, Riomaggiore, Corniglia and Portovenere
Day 7: Portofino
Portofino is a fishing village on the Italian Riviera coastline, southeast of Genoa city. Pastel-colored houses, high-end boutiques and restaurants fringe its Piazzetta, a small cobbled square overlooking the harbor, which is lined with super-yachts. A path leads from the Piazzetta to Castello Brown, a 16th-century fortress and museum with art exhibitions and panoramic views of the town and the Ligurian Sea.
- we visit the town of Portofino and Santa Margherita Ligure
- Camogli and San Fruttuoso Abbey
Day 8: Genova
Genoa (Genova) is a port city and the capital of northwest Italy's Liguria region. It's known for its central role in maritime trade over many centuries. In the old town stands the Romanesque Cathedral of San Lorenzo, with its black-and-white-striped facade and frescoed interior. Narrow lanes open onto monumental squares like Piazza de Ferrari, site of an iconic bronze fountain and Teatro Carlo Felice opera house.
- Piazza De Ferrari
- Cattedrale di San Lorenzo
- Via Garibaldi
Restaurants in Genova and surroundings: InFusion (vegan), Rosetta (vegetarian), Soul Kitchen (vegan options), Savô Pizza Gourmet (vegan options), Britta Take Away (vegan options), Pastificio Artigianale di Canneto (vegan options), Qualità & Passione (vegan options), Voglie di Pizza di Manuel Camedda (vegan options).
Day 9: Milano
Milan is a global capital of fashion and design. Home to the national stock exchange, it’s a financial hub also known for its high-end restaurants and shops. The Gothic Duomo di Milano cathedral and the Santa Maria delle Grazie convent, housing Leonardo da Vinci’s mural “The Last Supper,” testify to centuries of art and culture.
- visit the center, including the Duomo and Galleria Vittorio Emanuele
- Castello Sforzesco
- Parco Sempione
The cemetry, is well worth a visit for it's grandiose statues.
Restaurants in Milano: Shaolin State of Harmony (raw vegan tasting experience with seasonal menu based on chinese traditional medicine), Mantra raw vegan (raw vegan), Flower Burger (vegan), Soulgreen (vegan)
Day 10: shopping & departure
- shopping in the city center
Milian is one of the worlds best cities for shopping.